Apple cider vinegar also known as cider vinegar is produced from cider or apple must. It is characterized by its pale or medium amber color. They are staple vinegar in many homes as they are popularly used in salad dressings, vinaigrettes, chutneys and marinades. But apart from its common uses, apple cider vinegar has many other benefits.
Other Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- For an all-purpose cleaner, mix equal part of water and apple cider vinegar and transfer mixture in a spray bottle. You can use this solution to clean hard surfaces including floors, countertops, glasses and mirrors.
- To sanitize you cutting boards and other materials used for food preparation, spray with undiluted apple cider vinegar instead. The same goes when disinfecting your bathroom.
- Apart from cleaning surfaces, apple cider vinegar can also be used for cleaning gold jewelry. All you have to do is soak your gold jewelry in pure apple cider vinegar for about 15 minutes and dry with a towel afterwards. Doing it will give your jewelry a nice sparkling effect.
- For a healthy and shiny hair, mix a cup of cold water with half tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply this after every shampoo, several times each week.
- To condition scalp and hair, the best formula is equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar solution containing one part vinegar and two parts water is an excellent natural facial wash and a toner. You can apply this solution on your face using a cotton ball every morning and before sleeping. This could lighten up your skin color.
- To alleviate sunburns, add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath then soak in it for about 10 minutes.
- To remove stains on teeth, rub undiluted apple cider vinegar on it regularly and rinse afterwards.
Apple cider vinegar has powerful antioxidant properties that can help in alleviating and curing a variety of health conditions.
Prepare equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar to get rid of the following:
- Fungus in fingernails and toenails
- Rashes caused by bacteria, fungus or virus
- Athlete’s foot
This solution can also be used to soothe bug bites or strings and pain relief associated with arthritis.
Apple cider vinegar can also help those who want to lose weight. Simply prepare a concoction containing 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 2 cups of water and sip throughout the day. This concoction is also useful for maintaining pH balance of the body.
- To get rid of fleas and barn flies on your pets, prepare equal parts water and apple cider vinegar and spray the solution to the skin of your pets. This can also give their coats a beautiful shine.
- You can also let your pets drink the same solution to treat internal parasites.
Apple cider vinegar has a lot of uses at home. Keep this vinegar handy and ready for use by always keeping a bottle of this vinegar in your cabinet.