There are diseases and health conditions which are serious and need immediate medical attention while there are others which can be cured using simple home remedies. Home remedy makes use of natural materials which are abundant in the surroundings to cure, alleviate or stop the symptoms of certain diseases.
Below are some of the most common health conditions and their home remedy:
Acid Reflux – For acid reflux, it may sound odd to use an acid to cure it. But yes, apple cider is an effective cure for acid reflux. Simply drink half a glass of water with 1 teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar. Drink this while eating your meal.
Acne – Acne is very unsightly especially if the affected area is exposed for other people to see. To get rid of acne, you can try using apple cider vinegar as a home remedy.
Mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water then apply the solution using cotton to the affected area and let sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing. Do it three times a day. If you have severe case of acne, you can let it sit overnight and rinse in the morning.
Constipation – One of the best home remedies for constipation is the apple cider vinegar. Simply add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a cup of water then prepare and drink this mixture three times daily. You can also mix it with fresh juices for better taste.
Dandruff – If you like to get rid of dandruff, one of the most effective home remedies that you can use is the coconut oil. Simply massage your scalp and hair with the oil and let sit for 30 minutes then rinse. Another alternative is the use of tea tree oil. Just add a few drops of this oil before shampooing and do this three times a week.
Menstrual Cramps – For women who frequently suffer menstrual cramps, here are some of the best home remedies to alleviate, relieve and stop the pain:
- Chamomile Tea – Chamomile is one of the widely used natural remedy for gynecologic complaints including menstrual cramps and discomfort as a result of premenstrual syndrome. Prepare a chamomile tea as instructed in the package. Drink this once a day for at least 2 days before you are expecting your monthly period and twice a day during your period;
- Ginger Root – Another excellent cure for menstrual cramps is ginger root. Clean and slice a handful of this root and let it boil in water for at least 15 minutes. Separate the juice from the roots using a strainer and drink it at least twice a day. You can add honey to taste.
Migraine – Migraine refers to the severe pounding headache that normally starts in the forehead then moves around the eyes passing through the side of the head. Stress, fatigue and sleep disorder are just among the common causes of migraine. To alleviate the pain, there are two effective home remedies that you can use:
- Icepack wrapped in towel. Hold it against the forehead and temples in alternate positions every several seconds. Do this for at least 3 minutes.
- Chamomile Tea – when you are already starting to feel the symptoms of migraine, simply drink a cup of chamomile tea to prevent or limit the severity of migraine.
Toothache – Toothache is very common among children and in adults too giving discomfort and pain to the patient. To alleviate the pain here are the three basic home remedies that you can apply:
- Prepare a glass of warm water then add two teaspoons of salt; use this solution as a mouthwash;
- You can also put a crushed clove of garlic in the affected tooth to stop the pain;
- Alternatively, you can use a piece of peeled potato instead of garlic in the affected tooth.
If despite applying home remedies the symptoms still persist, better consult your doctor or specialist. It could be a sign of a more serious health condition.