Foods are important for a healthy body. In particular, there are foods that can help boost brain function. These foods help promote memory, alertness, focus and overall brain health. If you like to keep your brain healthy you should consider eating these foods.
Here are top 10 foods that boost brain function:
1. Fish – Fish such as salmon, sardines, anchovies and others which are naturally oily are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help optimize the functioning of your brain. These fishes are also healthy for the nervous system. Just make sure that your fish is free from mercury and other possible contaminants which can otherwise harm your help more that it can help your brain.
2. Nuts – Nuts, particularly walnuts, hazelnut, almonds and peanuts are high in DHA and vitamin E which are all essential to a healthy brain development. According to studies, these four types of nuts have the highest brain booster properties and can help you prevent diseases such as Parkinson’s disease involving the brain and the nervous system.
3. Chili Peppers – This spicy food is rich in capsicum and vitamin C which promote a good mood and help you focus. When you are depressed, eating foods that contain chili peppers can greatly help you recover from depression while boosting your brain.
4. Tomatoes – The lycopene in tomatoes is essential for maintaining the overall health of a person. In particular, lycopene is an antioxidant which can help destroy the free radicals in the body which cause cancer and brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. But you have to cook tomatoes to get lycopene.
5. Broccoli – Another brain food that you can’t simply ignore is broccoli. This vegetable is rich in vitamins C and K which help in the proper brain function. By eating broccoli regularly, you can prevent age-related disorders such as dementia.
6. Leafy Greens – Spinach, arugula, chard, lettuce and other green leafy vegetables can also boost brain function. These vegetables are rich in iron which is needed by the blood. Iron deficiency is blamed for various conditions such as fatigue, bad mood, foggy thinking, lack of concentration, and other cognitive problems.
7. Blueberries – Berries including blueberries are generally good for overall health. But blueberries are also one of the best brain boosting foods. It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants which reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s and help improve your memory and learning ability. Be sure to eat fresh and not dried blueberries.
8. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is not only good for cardiovascular health but also for brain health. It is rich in dietary fiber, omega-3 and protein.
9. Flax Seeds – The ALA, a healthy fat found in flax seeds, is greatly involved in the functioning of your brain. You can mix flax seeds in making bread or porridge.
10. Eggs – Egg contains an essential nutrient called choline which can help a person concentrate and have a sharper memory. According to studies, patients suffering from Alzheimer’s are deficient in choline.
These are just the top 10 foods that can boost your brain function. It would be best to have regular intake of these foods for a healthier brain.