The bathroom is a room for personal hygiene and grooming. A basic bathroom has a toilet, sink and a shower. But aside from them, there are other must-have bathroom essentials to make your bathroom a great place for hygiene and grooming:
1. Good lighting – Good lighting is essential in every bathroom as they can help you do your bathroom routine with great ease and convenience. Two options are available for bathroom lighting: ceiling lighting and wall lighting. Wall lightings are gaining in popularity as they provide multi-directional lights.
2. Mirror – A bathroom is not without a mirror. A mirror is a bathroom essential that has both esthetic and functional value. You can use a mirror to make your small bathroom look bigger. Mirrors also help make certain bathroom routines like shaving and combing easier. You can experiment with different shapes of mirror that would best complement your bathroom.
3. Towels – A pair of clean towels should also be among your bathroom essentials. You can pick a color that matches your bathroom décor.
4. Bath mat – For a slippery shower, the best solution is a bath mat. It would be good to choose a mat that is both mold- and slip-resistant.
5. Clean shower curtains – There are bathrooms that use shower curtains rather than glass for their shower. There are a lot of designs to choose from. Be sure to get a beautiful design that will also complement your overall bathroom décor.
6. Toiletries – It would be good to have a bathroom cabinet stocked with basic toiletries such as toothpaste, soap, shampoo, and others so that you have a ready supply for your personal use or for your guests.
7. Good storage solutions – Different types of storage solutions can also be used for your bathroom. You could use an open cabinet with a decorative L-bracket or a cabinet with a glass or mirror door. A good storage solution is a bathroom essential because this is where you can keep your toiletries and towels.
8. Window treatments – A beautiful window treatment is not only good for your living room but also for your bathroom. It can add an aesthetic value to your bathroom while giving you more privacy.
9. Toothbrush holder – A toothbrush holder is also a basic bathroom essential. There are now toothbrush holders that also disinfect your toothbrushes. Different designs and colors are also available.
10. Trash bin – Pick up a colorful trash can instead of the usual a boring one and it will surely add color to your bathroom.
11. Miscellaneous items – Other small items that are also considered as bathroom essentials are hand soap, paper towel and toilet paper. Be sure to also have them available because they are essential for hygiene.
When choosing bathroom essentials, choose the ones that are both functional while adding aesthetic value to your bathroom. You can experiment with different colors and shapes to come up with your desired design.
The list above is not all-inclusive. You may also have some other items added to this list. Nevertheless, they are essential items that should be found in your bathroom.