Just like any other task or work, home cleaning also requires certain techniques and skills to do things easier, faster, and more efficient. With home cleaning, the techniques are more in a way of dos and don’ts.
Below are some of the home cleaning dos and don’ts that you can post on your wall and be familiar with so that when you start cleaning, you will already know what to do and what not to do.
Home Cleaning Dos:
- Do secure the tools, supplies, and equipment you will need in home cleaning before starting any task. This will allow you to focus on your work once you start.
- Do encourage family members to participate in home cleaning. Even children are already capable of doing simple tasks like putting their toys back to their cabinet or picking up things on the floor.
- Do simple home cleaning tasks first before doing harder tasks. Simple tasks are those which will only take several minutes to accomplish like sweeping the floor as compared to washing dishes which could take several minutes to accomplish.
- Do schedule a regular deep cleaning task for each area of your home, most preferably one day for each area like bedroom, bathroom, or living room.
- Do use natural home cleaning products. They are cheaper, effective, and safe to use.
- Do hire a reliable house cleaning service when you think that all the cleaning tasks are just too much for you.
Home Cleaning Don’ts
- Don’t wait for others to clean up a simple mess or pick up clutter. Do it yourself as you go.
- Don’t clean up your entire house all in one day. Doing this is a good formula for mediocre cleaning. It is better if you schedule one area or room at a time so you can really focus on it.
- Don’t allow home cleaning tasks to pile up before you take action. You can do this by doing simple things such as returning things to their proper places after use, picking up clutter on the floor, or wiping up spills immediately.
- Don’t go to the next task unless you are finished with your current cleaning task; otherwise, you might end up not accomplishing both tasks. Like if you are mopping the floor, don’t leave it to wash the dishes. Take one home cleaning task at a time.
- Don’t use toxic cleaning products or fragrances as much as possible. And don’t use any cleaning product immediately without testing them in inconspicuous places to avoid any possible problem.
- Don’t let home cleaning overcome you. If you think that it’s hard to do, then it will be. Have a positive mind when cleaning because your way of thinking can greatly affect your output.
These home cleaning dos and don’ts are pretty easy to remember. You can even add your own techniques on the list. Once you are familiarized with them, home cleaning will then become an enjoyable task that you will be looking forward to do.